Re: Debian 0.93R6 mentioned in Linux FAQ

     The disk spaces quoted are badly out of date.  Last May, during
the bo testing period, my reports showed that the base installation
required 18 mb.  A "standard installation" of 123 packages (all base,
required, important, and standard packages) required about 75 mb.
Adding optional packages recommended by packages marked standard and
below, and a small X installation brought it up to 145 packages,
requiring 145 mb.  Ignoring some of the big "recommends" and some of
the huge X documentation would reduce it to a little over 100 mb.

     Advertising that a useful Debian installation requires less than
50 mb is likely to alienate prospective users.  A 50 mb installation
could include editing, mail, newsgroups and web browsing (using lynx),
but it would require careful selection of packages to keep within this
limit.  The same thing in hamm will probably be larger.

Bob