Re: announcement: lintian 0.2 package released

On Sun, 15 Feb 1998, Hakan Ardo wrote:

> On Sun, Feb 15, 1998 at 11:28:52AM +0100, Christian Schwarz wrote:
> >
> > Note, that the picon-* packages have nearly 28000 bugs out of the 32000
> > reported ones :-) But since these are all md5sum errors, they could be
> > fixed within a second I guess.
>
> Ooops... I (the maintainer of the picon-* packages) was not aware of this. I
> know there are some problems with the picon-usenix package as the original
> sources tar ball was renamed from picon-usenix_95.04.13 to
> picon-usenix_1995.04.13. But that should not generat 28000 bugs, eh?
>
> Where can I find all those bugs? Chiark reports only one on picon-usenix...

http://fatman.mathematik.tu-muenchen.de/~schwarz/lintian/report/Hakan_Ardo.html

Note, that these are not really 28000 bugs, but that many lintian
warnings/errors.

(The problem with picon-usenix is that it installs an empty md5sums file.
Provided md5sums is not required by policy, but if lintian detects such a
control file it checks its contents and complains about any missing
files... To fix this, either remove that control file or fill it--I don't
think that it's worth to have md5sums of the picon-* packages, since the
md5sums file will require a lot of disk space!)

BTW, there is an updated lintian package (version 0.2.1) sitting in
Incoming/ . I'd suggest you (and all other maintainers as well) install
this package and check all their new uploads with it before actually
uploading anything.

In case you discover any wrong lintian warnings/errors please contact me.
I have an `overrides' file to suppress specific warnings/errors for a
specific package.

Thanks,

Chris

--                  Christian Schwarz
                     schwarz@monet.m.isar.de, schwarz@schwarz-online.com,
Debian has a logo!    schwarz@debian.org, schwarz@mathematik.tu-muenchen.de

Check out the logo     PGP-fp: 8F 61 EB 6D CF 23 CA D7  34 05 14 5C C8 DC 22 BA
pages at  http://fatman.mathematik.tu-muenchen.de/~schwarz/debian-logo/