Re: Intent to package proj -- coyright question

On Sat, Feb 14, 1998 at 10:34:26AM -0500, Kirk Hilliard wrote:

> Another concern is that Jerry said that all software published by the
> US government was public domain, "possible with the restriction that
> you are not supposed to use it in any `life-critical' applications."
> I assume that such a restriction (were it to exist) would violate
> section 6 of the DFSG, "No Discrimination Against Fields of Endeavor".
> Have we run into this sort of problem before?

Well, none of our software can be used in a `life-critical' application,
as, say. controling a nuclear plant, or an air traffic control system.
The software used for those needs to pass special tests.

--
Enrique Zanardi						   ezanardi@ull.es
Dpto. Fisica Fundamental y Experimental			Univ. de La Laguna