Re: Directories contained in more than one package, without --force-overwrite

Philip Hands <phil@hands.com> writes:

> Well, I just got bitten by it now that I'm using dpkg_1.4.0.20, so I would guess that either there is a way of marking a directory as shared, or this is a bug in dpkg.  Does anyone know which is the case ?

There's no way to mark a directory as shared, afaik.  And I doubt that
there's a bug in dpkg relating to directory collisions.  (You wouldn't
be able to install ANYTHING; every package includes '/'.)  Are you
absolutely sure that there are no file or file / directory collisions?

Guy