Re: GroundZero (third party deb repository)

Luis Francisco Gonzalez <luisgh@cogs.susx.ac.uk> writes:

> How hard would it be to implement this field for official packages? Then,
> with time dpkg could refuse to install packages without an origin unless
> some "--force" option is used.

We shouldn't let dpkg refuse to install other packages in Debian
format! We *are* encouraging people to use Debian as a base for their
own distribution and then we put something like that in place!? Please
don't do something restrictive. On the other hand it should be useful
to mark packages where they come from.

Bye
  Christian

--