From: Matthias Buelow <token@wicx50.informatik.uni-wuerzburg.de>
Subject: Re: [tirc] problems in getting tirc to compile
To: tirc@mayn.de
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 1998 20:40:21 +0100 (MET)

Alexander Koch wrote:

> So, I'm unable to get it to compile.
> I hope you can get some info off what I wrote. I included everything I
> though was useful.
>
> I'm using Debian Linux here, always the latest hamm stuff, means
> glibc, Kernel 2.1.xx... I've no mmap thingies compiled in the kernel.
  ^^^^^
[...]
> /var/src/tirc-alpha # make all
> shm.c:120: `SHMSEG' undeclared here (not in a function)
> shm.c: In function `morecore':
> shm.c:223: `SHMMAX' undeclared (first use this function)
> shm.c:223: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
> shm.c:223: for each function it appears in.)
> shm.c: In function `get_svipc_shmem':
> shm.c:414: `IPC_PRIVATE' undeclared (first use this function)
> shm.c:414: `SHM_R' undeclared (first use this function)
> shm.c:414: `SHM_W' undeclared (first use this function)
> shm.c:415: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a
> cast
> shm.c: In function `rm_all_shmem':
> shm.c:432: `IPC_RMID' undeclared (first use this function)
> make: *** [shm.o] Error 1

Yes, that's a known problem.
Upgrading the libc on Gnu/Linux to the generic Gnu libc breaks either
/usr/include/sys/ipc.h or /usr/include/sys/shm.h, or both, I can't remember
right now.  The configure script tries to compile its test programs
including these header files and fails.
It also doesn't work if you include them despite configure found them to
be disfunctional.
Sorry, but there's nothing I can do about it.  It works with the older
Linux libc.  I'll look if I can find a solution somewhere, nevertheless.

--
  Matthias K. Buelow      * Boycott Micro$oft, see http://www.vcnet.com/bms/ *

----- End forwarded message -----

--
Hit any user to continue.
Alexander Koch - <>< - aka Efraim - PGP - 0xA78FB1E9 - Wedel - Germany