Re: Debian Project

On Thu, 12 Feb 1998, Mark Beland wrote:

> Hello,
>    I am currently a computing science undergraduate at the University of
> Alberta in Canada. I have worked/am working with a number of programming
> languages as well as operating systems and I would be interested in
> contributing some of my time to the Linux/Debian or the linux project as a
> whole. Could you posibly direct me to some information that would aid me in
> contributing to Linux project. i.e. what is the procedure for developing
> applications for linux, do we contact the programmers/maintainers of a
> specific application/accessory and offer our assistance? etc...

Welcome!  :-)

I have nothing to say, except that I'm also from the U of A.  :-)

There are currently 2 Debian developers from the U of A:

   Jason Gunthorpe <jgg@gpu.srv.ualberta.ca>, also known as Culus.  :-)
   Anthony Fok <foka@gpu.srv.ualberta.ca>

Since Jason is in Computer Engineering, and is currently actively
programming Deity (dselect's next generation), you might like to talk to
him.  :-)  Me?  I just goof around.  :-)

Cheers,

Anthony

--
Anthony Fok Tung-Ling            foka@gpu.srv.ualberta.ca