Re: updated lintian reports

On 11-Feb-98, 06:03 (CST), Christian Schwarz <schwarz@monet.m.isar.de> wrote:

> - improved `files' check: the following binaries are not reported as
>   `possible-namespace-pollution' anymore: w [ at ar as bc bg cc cd cp cu
>   dd df du ed ex fc fg id ln lp ls m4 mv nl nm od pg pr ps rm sh tr vi
>   wc ci co dc ld su. (If you know other important binaries to add to
>   this list, please tell me.)

Well, I'm not sure I can claim that "ee" (from the "ee" package, rather
self-rightously known as "The Easy Editor") is *important*, but it has
been ee for a long time, and I expect the people that use it
won't be thrilled to have it changed. Any ideas? Maybe eedit?

Anyway, Lintian is a cool tool. I'm glad to see it happen.

Regards
steve