Re: updated lintian web pages again

In an attempt to save the world from disaster, Christian Schwarz wrote:

> The URL still is
>     http://fatman.mathematik.tu-muenchen.de/~schwarz/lintian/

For fear of bringing down the university network when I start
downloading the page with my bugreports, until now I haven't
dared to take a look at it. But actually, I'm amazed at how
little bugs lintian finds in my packages! Very good!

Did you already realise that this lintian thing will very much
packfire at you (the lintian maintainers?) Now, if a package
does something counter-policy, it is considered a bug in that
package. But I predict that in about half a year, people will
say: "hey, why didn't lintian check for this? Let's file a bug
against lintian".

So, with a bit of luck, next year we'll have a bugssystem that
has, say 10000 bugreports -- 100 against various packages, and
9900 against lintian.

Don't say I didn't warn you :)

--
joost witteveen, joostje@debian.org

$ bug lintian
Getting package's info...done.
Please describe your problems using lintian in one line.
Lintian doesn't check for user-friendliness of dselect. Please add check.
(URGENT!)