Forward bugs upstream to myself?

Dear all,

[ I suppose this is a `meta-policy' question, and as such should possibly go
to debian-policy, but I'm not subscribed to that. ]

The problem: I maintain a package (dpkg-mountable), for which I am also the
`upstream' author. Over a year ago now, Dirk Eddelbuettel filed a bug against
it (#7957), and although it's a real problem, to fix it would require a
radical rewrite of most of the code. Which I don't really want to do.

I could file it as wishlist, but it seems to make a lot more sense to mark it
as forwarded (ie, waiting for the upstream author to get off his backside and
do something with it), since that gives a more accurate idea of the status of
the report. But it does seem a little cheeky, too ...

What do people think?

Thanks,

Andy

--