Re: autoup.sh & considerations on bail-out scripts

On Wed, Feb 11, 1998 at 01:06:36PM +0100, Jens Ritter wrote:
> David Welton <davidw@gate.cks.com> writes:
>
> At least in bash 2.01 this works:
>
> i = /debian/dists/unstable
> ftp -n -i << EOF
> o ftp.de.debian.org
> user ftp jens@
> cd $i
> pwd
> dir
> EOF
>
> this isn`t a third option, is it? :-)

In accordance with one of Murphy's laws, I of course realized this a
little bit after posting...:-)

So, it seems the most robust behaviour might be to write several
functions and call them depending on the availability of certain ftp
programs.  Lftp, wget and then regular ftp.

Sound good?

I'll play around more with the script later, probably going after the
regular ftp option.

Ciao,

	Debian GNU/Linux - www.debian.org