Re: `suidmanager': What about things installed before it is?

Stefan Karrmann <karrmann@math.uni-karlsruhe.de> writes:

> >  What can be done?  Any ideas?
>
> Packages (e.g. A), which want to be registerd by another package
> (eg. B), should create a file F (eg. /usr/lib/xref/B.todo/A) to
> avoid such a problem. File F may contain some options for B.

This is just another case of the general problem that Guy posted a
good solution to a while back.  It was when I was mulling over
potential solutions to the emacs byte-compiled files problem.

After a while I realized that the emacs problem was too complex to be
handled by Guy's solution, but most of the other problems aren't.  I
think he called it "Service Registration" or something...

--
Rob Browning <rlb@cs.utexas.edu>