Re: over 30000 bugs in our archive (!)

In an attempt to save the world from disaster, Herbert Xu wrote:
> Joey Hess wrote:
> >
> > All right, if this is the reason that paragraph is in the policy manual,
> > then it's clear to me it applies to other top level directories, not only
> > /etc and /var.
>
> No it should not apply to /usr because it may be mounted elsewhere as
> something other than /usr in which case relative links are required.

What are you saying? I thought I explained it so well. My /usr _IS_
a symlink to /mnt/bigfoot/usr. That _IS_ the reason that _absolute_
are required to go out of /usr/whatever though / to any other dir.

Do you understand, or should I give you an account on my machine so that
you can see for yourself? (You may also choose to re-read my first message
with this Subject)

--
joost witteveen, joostje@debian.org

The upstream maintainer is allowed to do things different
than Debian, but only if he has good reasons to do so.