Re: over 30000 bugs in our archive (!)

Three related packages that I maintain (r-base, r-cran, and
r-cran-non-free) receive error reports from lintian of the form
 E: r-base: pkg-without-shlibs-has-shlibs-control-file

There are shared libraries created during the compilation of these
packages but those libraries reside within /usr/lib/R/.  I understand
the bug to mean that I should not be creating a shlibs control file
because the libraries are not in /lib/ or /usr/lib/.  Is that correct?

I use the debhelper scripts in my debian/rules files.  Is it
sufficient for me to comment out the call to dh_makeshlibs or will
this cause other problems?