Re: Uploaded faqomatic 2.506-2 (source all) to master

On Tue, 10 Feb 1998, Christian Schwarz wrote:

> On Tue, 10 Feb 1998 scott@debian.org wrote:
>
> [snip]
> >  faqomatic (2.506-2) unstable; urgency=low
> >  .
> >    * Rebuild with new debhelper to make lintian happier.
> >      Lintian will still complain about /usr/lib/cgi-bin/fom, but I
> >      have no intention of moving the file, since it needs to be
> >      there for apache to work, since apache won't follow symlinks.
>
> I guess you are referring to the message
>   E: faqomatic: file-in-usr-marked-as-conffile /usr/lib/cgi-bin/fom
> with that.
>
> However, it's not good to have conffiles below /usr since /usr might be
> mounted read-only. Is there really not better solution?

Well, it isn't exactly a conffile that way.  It only needs changed if the
user wants to modify where faqomatic stores its data.  fom is a small perl
stub that calls perl libraries to do most of the work.  Moving it out of
/usr/lib/cgi-bin will break any setup that doesn't allow apache to follow
symlinks from cgi-bin.  I made it a conffile for the few people who might
want to modify it, but it isn't likely to fall under the frequent
modification as some conffiles in /etc

--
Scott K. Ellis <storm@gate.net>                 http://www.gate.net/~storm/