package bo-upgrade

Reasons for packaging it:

1. The bug system can be used to file bugs against it.

2. The autoup script is floating around freely on the net and different
   people have fixed things in it and never announced much to the Debian people.
   This is a way of centralizing development
   in the formal ways designed by the Debian Project and allowing other
   developers to introduce changes.

3. The script did not do a complete job. It did not clean up the utmp/wtmp issue. This could
   easily be fixed though.

4. The package can use dependencies to restrict installation to where its applicable (not
   done yet). Might use other features.

4. The bo-upgrade functionality is important and announcement of changes should
   be made on the proper channels.

5. People are used to upgrading by getting a *.deb and installing that. Running
   a script is not debian style. I have heard
   "Their package manager was not able to handle the upgrade" etc.