package bo-upgrade

The reboot feature in bo-upgrade is something that is rather worrysome,
you
are right.

The problem is if you do not reboot immediately then you will have
corrupted utmp/wtmp entries and they are hard to get rid of without
additional reboots. Some systems I had to boot three times before they
finally started showing clean utmp/wtmp entries. Maybe that is just
because I am as dumb as the users. The automatic reboot solves that issue.
I am certainly open for better ways to deal with the problem.

And yes. It is better to put the package outside of the main
distribution. It should not be selectable with dselect. Where can I put it
so that people can find it and how do I upload such a package?