Re: Bug#740: The xclock droppings bug (#740)

This message is sent to bug#740, everybody who sent a message to that
bug report and the debian-devel mailinglist. For details about this bug,
please see http://www.debian.org/Bugs/db/74/740.html . I am sorry if it
bothers you that I Cc:'ed to everybody that has contributed to this bug
report. You are free to ignore this message if it bothers you.

In the bug report, Ian Jackson explains that xclock leaves 'droppings'.

Apart from my nag the other day, the last message to this bug is dated
July 12th, 1997. Can anyone still reproduce this bug with X version
3.3.1-2? If not, this bug should probably be closed.

I haven't been able to reproduce this bug, using:
- xbase, xlib6, xlib6g, xserver-s3: version 3.3.1-2
- libc6: version 2.0.6-3
- kernel: 2.0.33, no FPU emulation
- CPU: Intel P75
- video card: Diamond Stealth, using Vision868 chip

If anyone does find droppings, please supply relevant information like:
- which version of the xbase and xlib6/xlib6g packages you use
- which Xserveer you use (name and version)
- which video card you have
- which kernel you are using (self-compiled or Debian, FPU emulation?)
- which libc version have
- which kind of CPU you have (as detailed as possible, because this 'bug'
  could be caused by FPU errors)
- the exact command you start xclock with, including all parameters and
  switches
- versions of other important things I probably have forgotten

Please send any report on such droppings at least to 740@bugs.debian.org.
Plesae do not use 'reply to all' on this message.

If these droppings only happen on certain video cards it might be a
problem in one of the video card drivers. In that case, it might be a good
idea to forward this bug to the upstream authors.

Remco