Re: RFD : libg++/gcc/egcs upgrades needed for libc6

Dale Scheetz wrote:

> While we certainly don't want to ship a broke gcc, the folks making the
> suggestion seem to have made it work ;-) We just need to figure it out as
> well.

FYI, I'm still having some related problems (C++) with gcc 2.8.0 on the
Alpha along with some other optimisation problems.  These things have
been fixed in egcs 1.0.1, but not gcc apparently.  My personal feeling
is that we (at least on the Alpha if not other archs that have gcc
problems...Sparc comes to mind) should switch to egcs for the release
until gcc 2.8.0 settles a bit more and incorporates the work done on
egcs thusfar.

Chris