Re: splitting experimental by arch?

Manoj Srivastava <srivasta@datasync.com> wrote:
>	My thesis is that we do need three levels of instability:
> stable (released)      : for the general public
> unstable: (beta)       : for developers, beta testers, and adventurous users
> experimental: (alpha)  : for people who are hacking the package

Sounds good to me.  A package should go into experimental if it has
one of these characteristics:

 - hazardous (like defrag was)
 - a prototype program (maybe not fully functional), "for comment"
 - an existing tool, with added prototype code to illustrate a new
feature (maybe not fully functional), "for comment"
 - a reimplementation of an existing tool - e.g. in a different
language - which may not be quite right yet

                          - Jim Van Zandt