dpkg-ftp 126.96.36.199pre4 for testing
A new pre-release is available on master in ~dirson/. This one has
undergone more tests that pre3, and starts to be really usable.
This release still misses:
* support for MDTM-eating firewalls if needed (Stephen: any news ?)
* remembering passwords at retry-time (I'm studying perl manpages ;)
Here's the changelog entries between pre3 and pre4. Items marked with
"LOCAL:" are pre-release-bug fixes, to be omitted in final release.
dpkg-ftp (188.8.131.52pre4) unstable; urgency=low
* Changed default ftp dir to "/pub/debian/dists", default distribs
to "stable/main stable/non-free stable/contrib".
* SECURITY: Made vars file 0600 because of possible unencoded
passwords in it.
* Factorized all files to use do_connect() and yesno().
* Added a Makefile (make do_install) to simplify local installs for
* First try at supporting authenticated FTP proxies (thanks to Jason
Gunthorpe <firstname.lastname@example.org> for guidelines).
* Don't run "dpkg --*-avail" if no Packages files was updated.
* LOCAL: Fixed missing message on Packages.gz fetch-continuation.
* LOCAL: Corrected missing quote in awk invocation (thanks to Joel
Klecker <email@example.com> for signaling this).
* Fixed update to have "dpkg --clear-avail" effectively running (not
tested though - it will tell).
-- Yann Dirson <firstname.lastname@example.org> Tue, 3 Feb 1998 01:55:54 +0100
Yann Dirson <email@example.com> | Stop making M$-Bill richer & richer,
alt-email: <firstname.lastname@example.org> | support Debian GNU/Linux:
debian-email: <email@example.com> | more powerful, more stable !
http://www.a2points.com/homepage/3475232 | Check <http://www.debian.org/>
TO UNSUBSCRIBE FROM THIS MAILING LIST: e-mail the word "unsubscribe" to
Trouble? e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org .