Re: Unofficial bug nags considered harmful

On Sun, 1 Feb 1998, Remco Blaakmeer wrote:

> On Sun, 1 Feb 1998, Ian Jackson wrote:
>
> > I've just received an enourmous pile of messages via the bug system
> > from Remco Blaakmeer.  An example is attached.
[snip]
> > Please everyone, don't do this again.
>
> OK. I am very sorry if this caused too much load on some servers. I just
> thought there were way too much bugs that are very old and already fixed.

If you are *sure* they are fixed, you can probably close them yourself.
Or at least procede in 2 steps:

1/ send an email to XXX-maintonly@bugs... & the person who submitted the
bug saying:

"I've not been able to reproduce this bug with packageFoo
version 3.14159 so this BR should be closed. I'll do so in 2 weeks unless
someone brings new elements on this bug".

or

"This bug has been fixed in packageFoo in version 3.14159."

2/ 2 weeks later close the bugs on which you had no feedback.

	Cordialement,

--
- Vincent RENARDIAS                 vincent@{waw.com,pipo.com,debian.org} -
- Debian/GNU Linux:           Pipo:                    WAW:               -