Re: Gzipped .dvi files?

Christian Schwarz <schwarz@monet.m.isar.de> writes:

> Reinstall the packages. (Sorry, but I don't know a better solution yet. If
> you do, please tell me.)

Off the top of me head, how about making the tool that handles the
generation be something like "debian-update-docs", and allow the admin
to re-run it if they change the config file.

Perhaps the tool could even leverage make, building a makefile that
would force only the right things to get updated.  This would have the
added advantage that if we ever do start preserving upstream
timestamps in pacakges, then installing a package update wouldn't
necessarily mean regenerating all the docs output formats.

Make seems like an ideal tool to incorporate into this process.

> Anyways, I'm still looking for volunteers to work on this area. My time
> for doc-base is limited, so I'll only implement some important features
> myself.  If someone wants to help, please drop me a note.

I might be willing if I can scrape some time together.

--
Rob Browning <rlb@cs.utexas.edu>