Gzipped .dvi files?

Hi,

I found these gzipped .dvi files on my system:

/usr/doc/chktex/ChkTeX.dvi.gz
/usr/doc/debian-policy/fsstnd/fsstnd-1.2.dvi.gz
/usr/doc/fdutils/Fdutils.dvi.gz
/usr/doc/lde/ext2fs.dvi.gz
/usr/doc/lde/minix.dvi.gz

Now that the tetex packages don't gzip the .dvi docs, should all .dvi.gz
files be gunzipped? .dvi.gz files are a real pain in the ass, because xdvi
(and probably others) can't read .dvi files from stdin.

If they should be gunzipped, I will file bug reports against the packages
I can find that have .dvi.gz files.

Remco