Re: Debian's PCMCIA support is weak and buggy

Enrique Zanardi wrote
> On Wed, Jan 28, 1998 at 11:23:07AM -0600, John Goerzen wrote:

[The complaints any reasonable person has on Debian + PCMCIA install]

> The bad news are that I haven't thought about PCMCIA support in our boot
> procedure until reading your message, so I guess you won't find any
> difference in the first (alpha state) version of the new boot floppies,
> that I plan to upload to experimental before this weekend.
Actually not so bad. There is already some improvement on the network side
and it will get better once I get to build the floppies in some days.

> The good news are that if you give me some advice, I will try to improve
> that support for the next revision of the boot floppies, and perhaps we
> will have something working for Debian 2.0.
FWIW, my connection is through a PCMCIA card and I've suffered so much for it
that I will try hard to get this working. So stay tuned.

Luis.
--
Luis Francisco Gonzalez <luisgh@cogs.susx.ac.uk>
PGP Fingerprint = F8 B1 13 DE 22 22 94 A1  14 BE 95 8E 49 39 78 76