Re: Netscape binary package.

On 27 Jan 1998, Paul Seelig wrote:

> bhmit1@mail.wm.edu writes:
>
> > Careful, from the
> > ftp://ftp4.netscape.com/pub/communicator/4.04/shipping/english/unix/linux20
> >      /professional_edition/
> > directory:
> >
> > REDISTRIBUTION AND MIRRORING:
> > Redistribution Not Permitted -- unless you are an educational institution
> > and want to mirror for your faculty, staff and students...
> >
> > Maybe there's another doc I'm missing.
> >
> The free license simply does not apply to the professional edition,
> but only to the standard one.  So there is no problem packaging the
> standard version.  Redhat supposedly doesn't supply anything else on
> their FTP site.

Correction: this licence is posted on all navigator releases from the ftp6
site (and I assume the rest) under the
pub/communicator/4.04/shipping/english/unix/linux20/ directory.  Unless
one can find a licence that overrides these licences, I'd suggest caution.

Brandon

-----
Brandon Mitchell <bhmit1@mail.wm.edu>   "We all know linux is great... it
PGP: finger -l bhmit1@cs.wm.edu          does infinite loops in 5 seconds"
Phone: (757) 221-4847                      --Linus Torvalds