Re: intent to package mupad

On Tue, 27 Jan 1998, Christian Meder wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm the guy who is mentioned in the Workneeding ... docs as working on
> mupad. I didn't do it (yet) because I think the license forbids us to
> even distribute it in binary form. If you don't have special
> permission from the Mupad group I doubt it's ok to package it.

	I exchanged a few e-mails with them, and told them how I had
changed their installation tree (not much) . They agreed to let me package
it and upload it. I told them it would go to all debian mirrors on
ftp sites , but not on official CDs .  You are more than welcome to take
the package.  The person to contact there is Ralf Hillebrand
<tonner@math.uni-paderborn.de> . He said he will recompile with glibc (on
RedHat 5.0) soon.  Also the new version of MuPAD will be out shortly.

G John Lapeyre <lapeyre@physics.arizona.edu>