Re: lintian -- detecting hundrets of bugs within seconds...
- To: Debian Development <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: lintian -- detecting hundrets of bugs within seconds...
- From: David Welton <email@example.com>
- Date: Mon, 26 Jan 1998 12:22:54 -0800
- Message-id: <19980126122254.40447@heorot>
- In-reply-to: <Pine.LNX.3.96.980125231316.9061B-100000@monet>; from Christian Schwarz on Sun, Jan 25, 1998 at 11:55:34PM +0100
- References: <Pine.LNX.3.96.980125231316.9061B-100000@monet>
On Sun, Jan 25, 1998 at 11:55:34PM +0100, Christian Schwarz wrote:
> Hi folks!
> Together with Richard Braakman I'm working on a policy checker tool called
> `lintian' which is a collection of shell/perl/python scripts to check
Hmmm sorry I'm speaking without examining code, but.. is it really
necessary to have both perl and python? I'll leave the flamewar over
which one to use to the list, but.. it seems a little bit excessive to
have two languages that are quite similiar in funcionality... If I
were given clear directions, I could have a shot at redoing the python
portions in Perl. I'm sure there are much more qualified people (ie,
that speak python!:-), but I hate to ask for things like this without
at least trying to help out somehow..
David Welton http://www.efn.org/~davidw
Debian GNU/Linux - www.debian.org
TO UNSUBSCRIBE FROM THIS MAILING LIST: e-mail the word "unsubscribe" to
Trouble? e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org .