Re: packaging static lib oriented software

This discussion has really gotten sidetracked. The original point was
to allow packages to be formatted differently. Given the amount that
some people seem to dislike static libraries I don't see why more
people don't agree. For example, on my system, there are at least
15MB of static libraries. What a waste of space. People should be
allowed to install static libs when they want them and shared libs
when they are needed.

- Jay