Re: More problems with smail (was Re: smail (3.2.0.100-2) and ppp issues

Marcus Brinkmann <Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de> writes:

[snip]
> I have a similar problem: I used fetchmail to transport mail via POP3 to
> smail and from there to procmail (I know I can leave smail out, but it
> worked for ages). Now comes the fun:

I also use fetchmail but to my big surprise the email gets stuck in
the "input" directory until I explicitly run 'runq' upon which it's
properly delivered via procmail.  All in all a standard setup, I would
say, but apparently something is wrong.  Maybe I misconfigured smail
somehow but that's not clear from the documentation.

Hope someone knows a way out of this jungle.

Thanks,

Ardo
--
Ardo van Rangelrooij