Re: intention to package fftw

> On Mon, Jan 12, 1998 at 09:26:10PM -0500, James A.Treacy wrote:
> > FFTW is a very fast implementation of FFT.
>
> Just curious, what's FFT?

FFT is Fast Fourier Transform. It's essentially a discretized fourier
transform. For those who don't know, a fourier transform converts
something in the time domain, sampled audio is a good example, into
the frequency domain. It's used a lot in studying differential equations.
I guess some people also use it for doing mundane things like sound
effects. ;)

- Jay