Re: Emacs20 and mail file locking.

    Rob> Maybe you already knew this, but I just got around to looking
    Rob> at the movemail source for emacs 20, and it really looks like
    Rob> movemail already knows how to handle liblockfile.  Check out
    Rob> MAIL_USE_MAILLOCK and HAVE_TOUCHLOCK.

 I think that it is probably fine like it is, except that it's not nfs
safe without libnfslock.  It could probably be rewritten some to call
on our liblockfile, rather than doing it internally the way it does.

 If it ain't broke, don't fix it.  I'm not motivated to do this
today... It works like it is, for me.  Someone who needs the nfs safe
version ought to tackle it.  I don't imagine it will take more than an
afternoon of hacking.

 The XEmacs version, as shipped with XEmacs-20.5-beta, has some
changes.  The diff is attached, to save anyone the trouble of
generating one themselves.  A quick look over tells me that there's
probably no need to use this patch anyway...

 I wonder, would it be a good idea to put `movemail' into another
general package, so that other programs can use it?  I think that it's
generally useful enough for that.