Re: Perl LWP method for dselect

On Wed, Jan 07, 1998 at 06:35:30PM +1100, Drake Diedrich wrote:
>    I suspect we'll get better cache hit rates if everyone in Australia
> [the world?] uses the same sites (ftp.debian.org.au and nonus.debian.org),

ftp.debian.org.au == ftp.debian.org; ftp.au.debian.org is different
though. It has non-us too.

> dispersed interstate URLs.  I don't think the smaller ISP's are as
> organized (judging by their volume limits), but the larger ones may be.
> More sophisticated hashing (HTTP/1.1?) in the caches might make this all
> irrelevant.

A whole bunch of medium sized ones here in Melbourne have the peering
through working quite nicely. My ISP is connected to an ISP who's
on the backbone, so performance is quite nice. From there we hit
the connect.com.au proxy and so on.

Hamish