Re: BS in rxvt+ncurses

On Tue, 9 Dec 1997, Philip Hands wrote:

> BTW I'd be interested to hear any justification of why <--- == DEL

Well,  from a sheer visual standpoint,  seeing an arrow pointing to the
left,  like on the BS key (<--),  makes one think that pushing that
button's going to move the cursor that way,  just like the other arrow
keys.  I've NEVER understood the funky behavior of the BS key on *nix.

                     					Will

|             harpo@udel.edu lowe@cis.udel.edu lowe@debian.org           |
|			http://www.cis.udel.edu/~lowe/		         |
|The problem with computers:                                             |
|                      rivendell[501] [~]> love me                       |
|                      bash: love: command not found                     |
|                      rivendell[502] [~]> hug me                        |
|                      bash: hug: command not found                      |