Re: Ian Jackson is back

Ian Jackson <ian@chiark.greenend.org.uk> writes:

> My thesis went to the printers' on Thursday (who knows if it will
> pass), so my life is my own again.

Congratulations and good luck.

> [...] My initial feelings about the `deity' project are to be doubtful about
> it.  I shall ask Dale to be given observer status on the deity mailing
> list, and I'll see where we go from there.

Please work with the Deity developers rather than against them.  If
you choose otherwise, you'll have to prove your solution is better.

For associated reasons, Debian needs to have the capability to support
different package managers.  Assumptions about package managers should
not be ingrained into the .deb format.

Dan