Re: Additions to local web documents

Hi,
>>"Jim" == Jim Pick <jim@jimpick.com> writes:

Jim> [1 <text/plain; us-ascii (7bit)>]
Manoj> I can make this happen if I create a symlink in the directory:
Manoj> /var/www/usr/lib/latex2html/icons/

Manoj> Do you think this is allowed?

Jim> Nobody's saying you can't do that.  It just looks a bit ugly,
Jim> that's all.

	Unfortunately, it _is_ ugly. But it is behind the scenes, for
 the most part ...

Manoj> If not, how do I make latex2html create the SRC="xxx" segments such
Manoj> that the links exist both while looking at the file locally using
Manoj> lynx ~/public_html/cgi-sec/index.html and also using the
Manoj> http://tiamat.datasync.com/%7Esrivasta/cgi-sec/index.html ? I can
Manoj> see no way of making a link under /var/www that would create valid
Manoj> links in both cases.

Jim> I guess if you want to be able to browse either way, there's
Jim> little you can do.  Maybe copy the image files (if they're small)
Jim> to the same directory where the HTML is so that you can use
Jim> relative links.

	Umm, yes, but I think that duplicating the icon files (about
 32K) into every document converted is almost as bad as the admittedly
 ugly hack.

	Unless there are better solutions that show up, or there are
 serious objections to the symlinks proposed, I will package up
 LaTeX2HTML and close the lone bug report about icon file locations
 against  LaTeX2HTML.

	manoj
 new LaTeX2HTML maintainer.

--
 A physicist is an atoms way of knowing about atoms. George Wald