Ian Jackson is back

My thesis went to the printers' on Thursday (who knows if it will
pass), so my life is my own again.

I'll be both answering things as they come up and dealing with
outstanding email (I have a 3000-message backlog).

My first priority with dpkg will be to provide a separate
dependency-checking function in the library code in the dpkg source
tree.

My initial feelings about the `deity' project are to be doubtful about
it.  I shall ask Dale to be given observer status on the deity mailing
list, and I'll see where we go from there.

I'm talking to Klee about the dpkg source tree.  For the moment he'll
have the master distribution copy.

Ian.