Re: ircii_EPIC3.004-1

'Mark Baker wrote:'

>In article <[🔎] 199705012257.SAA14060@unix3.netaxs.com>,
>	Chris Fearnley <cjf@netaxs.com> writes:
>
>> Another option is to get the upstream to incorporate patches that make
>> the EPIC changes run-time options to the standard ircii.
>
>Not much chance of that I think. If they wanted to do that they would have
>done so years ago.

Well, have you asked them?  This is a social engineering problem:  how
to increase cooperation among freeware developers.  Sometimes it takes
someone from a neutral camp to try to negotiate a merge.  I am simply
sugesting that this is a good idea.  If it fails or if you don't want
to take the initiative, I could live with yet another ircii package.
I was hoping to inspire someone to try to merge the two efforts.

--
Christopher J. Fearnley          |  Linux/Internet Consulting
cjf@netaxs.com                   |  Design Science Revolutionary