Non-maintainer release of python-1.5 appreciated ?

I expect a new python release, 1.5, in the next few days (a public 1.5b2
is out and will be the last beta). Since the current python packages are
still libc5 and Klee Dienes as maintainer seems to be quite busy
otherwise, I wonder if a non-maintainer libc6 release of python 1.5 is
appreciated.

The use of lib6 should also resolve the outstanding bugs of the
python-base package regarding threading.

Any objections to a non-maintainer release as soon as 1.5 final is out ?

	Gregor

BTW: Bruce, python 1.5 contains a FAQ wizard that resembles Faq-O-Matic.
To see it in action, have a look at the PyModules FAQ at
http://starship.skyport.net/crew/aaron_watters/faqwiz/contrib.cgi

---
|                Gregor Hoffleit   Mathematisches Institut, Uni HD    |
| flight@mathi.uni-heidelberg.de   INF 288, 69120 Heidelberg, Germany |
|               (NeXTmail, MIME)   (49)6221 54-5771    fax  54-8312   |
|                  "We will make windows invisible"                   |