Re: Paranoia, "pristine sources", turnkeys, compiling, configuration

You might have a look at how Free and Open BSD do things with their
ports system.  It doesnt seem that attractive as a package management
system (try installing Xemacs over a 28.8 on a 486;-), but it is done
quite well, and with standard unix tools.  It has provisions for
dependencies and the like as well.  I would like to look at their
binary package tool as well, but it dumps core on my 2.2-RELEASE
Fbsd...

Ciao,

	Debian GNU/Linux - www.debian.org