Re: ppp's ip-{up,down} and possible utilization of 'run-parts'

Karl M. Hegbloom writes:
> I think the main thing is that a person with very little experience
> should be led through the initial setup by a script, at the very least.
> It would be good to tell them about `minicom', with some instructions on
> how to use it to get the info they need to construct a working chat
> script.

I hope to address this with dunc (which I expect to be taking over soon). I
am presently of two minds as to whether I should develop dunc into a
powerful and general pppconfig tool, or just write a simple but limited
script.  How fast are isp's converting to pap? No point in putting a lot of
work into dealing with chatscripts if they are going away soon.  Does
mschap require any special user configuration?
--
John Hasler
john@dhh.gt.org (John Hasler)