Re: Emacs 20 volunteer wanted

eichin@kitten.gen.ma.us (Mark W. Eichin) writes:
> I'd promised to package up emacs 20 at some point (since that would
> save the hassle of going back and forth to sure emacs19 and xemacs*
> would all coexist :-) but I recently joined a new startup company, and
> with some of the other projects eating my personal time, I'm just not
> going to have time to do it.  Would someone like to volunteer to
> package *and maintain* emacs20?  [If you're also interested in taking
> over emacs19, I'd consider doing a final release of my remaining
> changes and handing it off too, but this is not a requirement.]

I would like to take a stab at this, if no one objects.  This is
finals week at my school, so it will likely be a while before I upload
an emacs20 package, but I will get around to it.

Looking at the emacs 19 package, I have a few questions as to why
certain things were done the way they were, but I will address these
to Mark in private e-mail.