Re: Libc6 2.0.5c has a leak in inet_ntoa

On Wed, 10 Dec 1997, Nils Rennebarth wrote:

> On 10 Dec 1997, Miquel van Smoorenburg wrote:
>
> > In article <[🔎] Pine.LNX.3.96.971210095215.502A-100000@siva.taz.net.au>,
> > Yep, download libc6_2.0.6-0.2 (prerelease 2) from
> > ftp://ftp.ods.com/pub/linux/ and send david@debian.org an email
> > with your experiences ..
> >
> > Has been running fine here for two or three weeks.
>
> Could that bug be responsible for my rcp.nfsd growing to 30MB after heavy
> use as an NFS server?
>
> I'll give that package a try.

yep, that's the bug.

also see the thread about libc6_2.0.6 coredumping portmap. to fix that,
you also need to upgrade netbase and netstd to versions compiled with
libc6_2.0.6.

download and install the following files from ftp://ftp.ods.com/pub/linux:

	libc6_2.0.6-0.2_i386.deb
	locales_2.0.6-0.2_i386.deb
	timezones_2.0.6-0.2_i386.deb
	netbase_3.01-1.1_i386.deb