Re: bo-updates packages

steveg@rpcweb.dmccorp.com (Steve Greenland) writes:

> On 05-Dec-1997 02:11:22, Paul Seelig <pseelig@goofy.zdv.Uni-Mainz.de> wrote:
> > Guess why i proposed to name a directory with libc5 compiled hamm
> > packages "bo-unstable"?
>
> Sorry, didn't see that: the Subject line says "bo-updates", which
> would make most people leap for their ftp program, without much
> thought about what they are getting.

Actually i undecidedly did call it both in different messages.

> If people must do this, it seems to me the correct name is not
> 'bo-<anything>', but 'hamm-libc5'.

Sounds like a very valid proposal and very good idea to me. It
contains enough information to understand where the sources for these
packages come from.
                               Thank you, P. *8^)
--
   Paul Seelig                         pseelig@goofy.zdv.uni-mainz.de