autoconf dilemma

Hi:
	I've found a bug in autoconf which prevents the building of libc5
packages on a libc6 system when autoconf is used.  autoconf detects whether
libcrypt (and others) are needed by testing whether they exist, which is always
true on a libc6 system.  But even so, because we're building a libc5 package,
we don't want to link against libcrypt and others.  Does anybody have a nice
solution to this problem? Thanks in advance.
Home Page: http://greathan.apana.org.au/~herbert/
PGP Key: http://greathan.apana.org.au/~herbert/pubkey.txt