Re: ncpfs 2.1.xx (fwd)

On Wed, 26 Nov 1997, Eloy A. Paris wrote:
> Oppsss!!! I have no idea if it'll work with the latest development
> kernels (2.1.6x and above). I know there where problems with the ncpfs
> (and smbfs and others) code after the new dentry stuff but I don't
> know the details. You can give it a try. I will send the .deb in
> another message.
>
> Please let me know the results so I can inform the upstream
> maintainer.

No, it didn't work.  'ncpmount' gave a 'mount failed' result and there is
a message in /var/log/messages:

Nov 26 11:12:29 press-160 kernel: ncp_read_super: kernel requires mount version 3

I am running kernel v. 2.1.66.  I wonder why it insists on "mount version
3".  As far as I know, the highest version of ncpfs is 2.1.1.

Roy Bixler
rcb@press.uchicago.edu