Re: giving money to gnome

> You are missing an important point.
>
> Gtk development is fairly near finished.  We already have a lot of
> high-quality free widget toolkits, including gtk.  We need a desktop more.

Sorry, YOU are missing a point here.

The reason that was given by Bruce to support GNOME was to help GTK!!!

So, either it is:

  - We support Gnome, because KDE sucks (due to usage of Qt or whatever)!

or

  - We support GTK because we want to support a free toolkit.

Saying "We support GNOME, because this will support GTK." is a pure insult
to any sapient being, because you're trying to hide your real intentions
behind it.

As I wrote before, I have less problem supporting GNOME, if people really
say this is about supporting a free desktop, because KDE sucks for
whatever reason, rather than esaying "this is because we need to support
the widget set behind it.". And the latter is something that YOU just
publicly dismissed by saying "Gtk development is fairly near finished.".

Remember - Bruces statements on the matter have been along the lines of
"GTK needs help, so let's give the money to Gnome.".

Sometimes, I really ponder the possibility of trying to become project
leader myself just to get rid of such statements by our project leader.
Fortunately, I don't have the time to do really go through with that...

  Benedikt

Windows 95: n.
    32-bit extensions and a graphical shell for a 16-bit patch to an 8-bit
    operating system originally coded for a 4-bit microprocessor,  written
         by a 2-bit company that can't stand for 1 bit of competition.