Re: Libc6 progress: 1997-11-23

In article <19971125122227.46517@pc135a>,
	wakkerma@wi.leidenuniv.nl (Wichert Akkerman) writes:

> Previously Mark Baker wrote:
>> Maybe. The CD writing HOWTO suggests that there are some drives that are
>> supported by cdwrite but not by cdrecord (and vice versa). If this is no
>> longer true, then dropping cdwrite would be sensible.
>
> AFAIK cdrecord currently support a much larger set of writers then
> cdwrite. And cdrecord has multisession support which cdwrite hasn't..

How does that contradict what I said? I said that some drives were supported
by cdwrite and not by cdrecord, some by cdrecord and not by cdwrite. I said
nothing about the size of the sets that they support.

It may no longer be the case, of course---maybe recent versions of cdrecord
have added support for the drives that were previously only supported by
cdwrite.
.