Re: group of Java maintainers was Re: guavac, kaffe, kore, a free java development environment?

On Tue, 25 Nov 1997, Turbo Fredriksson wrote:

> file... One thing which irritate me every time I do an installation is the
> Debian defaults... I _ALWAYS_ have to go in there an change everything...

And another thing that just come to mind... The debian packages contain info
about it's size... How about having dselect (or whatever GUI to dpkg) adding
those numbers and show how much disk space we are up to, so that the user
will know if it will fit... RH does that, and that is the _ONLY_ thing I realy
liked when I installed that on one of my clients a year ago (I will never touch
a RH system again, that's for sure, *yikes*)...

 Turbo    _ ///     If there are no Amigas in heaven, send me to HELL!
 Turbo Fredriksson                                     Tel: +46-704-697645
 S-415 10 Göteborg                                        turbo@tripnet.se
 SWEDEN                                             www5.tripnet.se/~turbo
       My PGP key can be found at: 'www5.tripnet.se/~turbo/pgp.html'
     Key fingerprint = B7 92 93 0E 06 94 D6 22  98 1F 0B 5B FE 33 A1 0B