Re: HURD

On Mon, Nov 24, 1997 at 04:03:47AM +0100, Andreas Jellinghaus wrote:
> > Although I know HURD isn't Linux. I was wondering what if anything would
> > stop Debian from maybe starting up a HURD distribution? Anyone interested
> > in such a thing. I know I am but don't have the expertise to do it.
>
> hurd has not fsstnd/fhs, but it's own path sheme and package mechanism.
> if you want to go with that, you have to change every package.
> but i'm no hurd expert, maybe this information is out-dated.

But if we were considering Debian GNU/HURD, then the HURD would
only be the kernel, so would be free to do what we want with the file
system. Just like any linux distribution can use something other than
the FSSTND/FHS ..

This isn't necessarily a good idea though.

hamish
--
Hamish Moffatt, StudIEAust              hamish@debian.org, hmoffatt@mail.com
Student, computer science & computer systems engineering.    3rd year, RMIT.